Position: Deputy Head - Marketing
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of Organization’s marketing strategies, public relations activities, both external and internal. Directs the efforts of the marketing team and coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization. The position reports to the Head of Marketing & Communication. This position works closely with the senior management team in charting the direction of the organization, assuring its accountability and ensuring its effective operation. The incumbent will be responsible to instill a marketing led ethos throughout the organization.
Implement marketing strategies:
- Develop and implement integrated marketing strategies for CAF India product and services: Employee Giving, Individual giving, Corporate CSR, Validation, Advisory, Research etc.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with digital and communication managers
- Devise new revenue-generating ideas: create and implement new initiative, analyse cost/benefits
- Prepare marketing pitches for BD, Program etc. and prepare go-to-market strategy for new products
- Annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying donor requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Identify and drive donor research needs (shadow fundraisers to get ideas for new promotional items for donors, meet with clients to understand obstacles in the industry)
- Identify strategies to reach new audiences and generate business leads
- Devise mechanism to determine annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; coordinating new product development.
- Managing the customer journey (customer relationship management)
Manage marketing campaigns:
- Plan and manage cause -based marketing campaigns to facilitate fundraising
- Support client acquisition/lead generation for business development through campaigns
- Plan promotional materials, email blasts, and other marketing materials for market penetration
- Plan strategy that expands the target audience through community relations, speaking engagements, newsletters and charitable events.
- Devise mechanism to measure the success of marketing campaigns both online and offline
- Help make sure that the organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization transmitting the organization’s values, vision and direction
- Plan and implement marketing collaterals. Ensure all external communication pieces contain a consistent brand image and will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace
- Ensure articulation of organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization,
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications.
- Coordinate the appearance of organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Conceptualize and execute events including planning and budgeting etc.
- Manage and ensure the smooth execution of events - Conceptualizing the theme and flow of events - Managing end-to-end logistics before and on the day of the event
- Manage and execute outreach to speakers, guests, the press etc.
- Supervise/create collateral required for the event – Communicate the outcome of the event to different stakeholders – the press, speakers, attendees, clients etc.
- Assist other members of the team with events planning, social media/website management, marketing campaigns and other tasks as needed.
Public relation management:
- Serve as the primary contact for all media inquiries and selectively coordinate interviews with key publications.
- Grow CAF India’s database of industry-specific and international media contacts.
- Track coverage of press releases and other publications written by/about CAF India and generate board reports of coverage
- Stay informed of market drivers and industry trends identified through competitor and news monitoring.
- Nominate the company and members of the management team for relevant awards.
Thought leadership and external representation:
- Proactively seek out opportunities to represent CAF India externally in India on issues relating to strategic and effective giving, philanthropy, corporate community investment and social investment and social impact.
- Represent CAF India at various national and international forums in the fundraising and corporate philanthropy space
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualification & Experience
- Graduate/Postgraduate in marketing/economics/business management
- 9 years + experience in marketing/business management
- Candidates would ideally have had exposure to both the private sectors companies and non-profits.
- Candidates will be entrepreneurial with strong commercial skills and a passionate belief in delivering impact.
- Strong marketing acumen and analytical skills
- Experienced in managing campaigns
- Extremely strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience overseeing then design and production of print materials and publications
- Experience of developing and managing a diverse set of relationships
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The position will be based at the CAF India headquarters at New Delhi.
Head – Communication and Marketing