Position: Deputy Head – Strategic Partnerships
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Partnerships, CAF India is looking for a senior level, business development professional, for the post of Deputy Head of Fundraising. S/he should have experience in developing and implementing strategies to increase the flow of resources from donors, corporates, individuals and institutions, for charitable cause. S/he shall help further develop and improve existing fund raising streams within CAF India and establish new ones.
(1) Assist in developing and implementing a strategy and scalable business development model for financial growth within CAF India;
(2) Assist in developing a business development framework around the CAF India key giving products for corporate and individual donors;
(3) Assist in innovating, developing and supporting new fundraising products to broad-based CAF streams of fundraising;
(4) Assist in developing and supporting innovative partnerships under various corporate CSR initiatives;
(5) Provide advisory inputs to corporate and NGO clients.
(1) Research and identify potential donors (corporate, individuals, HNIs, Foundations, PSUs etc.) and communicate with donors for increased ‘giving’ through the organization;
(2) Design and implement individual fundraising plan, quarterly action plans, achieve individual targets, and develop relationships with companies/ other donors;
(3) Develop new corporate client relationships in the area of Advisory;
(4) Write proposals and presentations to pitch for business development;
(5) Lead client meetings and provide follow up support;
(6) Develop contact and network in the different types/range of companies, including Small and Medium size enterprises;
(7) Provide guidance to companies on developing CSR policies, partnerships with CSOs and training to companies on development sector issues;
(8) Responsible for day-to-day administration of fundraising target including tracking and updating target vs achievement, keeping records up-to-date;
(9) Work closely with other units of CAF, particularly the Programs, marketing & communications, Finance, regional representatives/offices, and CAF’s global alliance to ensure CAF fundraising is represented and positioned appropriately;
(10) Conceptualize fundraising campaigns. Also, prepare fundraising marketing material and content with the Communications team;
(11) Maintain a database of all donors, including, potential corporate donors.
(C) Thought Leadership and External Representation:
(1) Proactively seek out opportunities to represent CAF externally in India on issues relating to strategic and effective giving, philanthropy, corporate community investment and social investment and social impact;
(2) Represent CAF India at various national and international forums in the fundraising and corporate philanthropy space;
(3) Help grow and strengthen CAF’s brand and reputation as a provider of strategic advice and thought leadership, demonstrating how we add value to our corporate clients;
(4) Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification & Experience
- MBA and/ or Post Graduate with Diploma/ Degree in Business Management (PGDBM), Marketing, Finance, Communication or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in delivering a range of corporate fundraising products and working with CSR teams, in an agency or business setting.
- Proven track record in developing, delivering, managing CSR projects.
- Strong understanding of the Companies Act 2013 and related socio-legal and policy environment, governing CSR in India.
- Experience of strategic planning and business modelling, ideally in a cross-sectoral, multi-disciplinary field.
- Strong proposal writing skills and experience of working with target driven business models (financial and/or impact), with excellent skills in power point presentation development.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Understanding of the role of philanthropic capital (either private or corporate), in achieving social impact and change;
- Proven understanding of effective philanthropy.
- Excellent communication skills, including the gravitas to represent CAF at the highest levels within companies and governments and to speak publicly and confidently about philanthropy to corporates and at events.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality written outputs.
- Flexibility to travel and to attend meetings outside of normal working hours.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The position will be based at the CAF India headquarters at New Delhi.
Head – Strategic Partnerships - CSR & Philanthropy