Position: Manager - Disaster
To provide technical and management support to CAF India’s work on facilitating sustainable livelihoods, with special focus on craft and artisan based livelihood interventions.
(A) Technical Management
- Responsible for technical management of the Disaster Portfolio of CAF India, development and implementation of a strategy to grow the vertical by bringing in more quality and depth.
- Providing technical guidance on disaster relief and rehabilitation projects, which will be implemented by NGO partners.
- Develop technical disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction and related training modules.
- Undertake capacity building programmes of partner NGO level around the disaster management interventions
- Facilitate stakeholder engagements with critical development actors like government, corporates, NGOs, Media etc.
- Build up the capacity of project team on sustainable and effective disaster management aspects
(B) Programme Management
- Ensuring strategic direction and management of project operations, day to day management and delivery of CAF India’s disaster portfolio.
- Ensuring effective operational planning and delivery of the disaster projects, including workflow and resource management, monitoring and reporting of targets, resolution of issues and trouble shooting.
- Ensuring effective monitoring of transactions, internal audits, handling donor complaints and managing risks.
- Provide support in branding and marketing strategies for disaster management.
- Develop and manage donor relationships and complete client servicing for selected donors supporting the disaster interventions.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and handholding to the Project Officer/s reporting to this position and ensure that results are delivered on time.
- Work closely with other units of CAF, particularly the sales, marketing, communications teams to ensure that CAF India’s disaster program is represented and positioned appropriately.
- Developing a roaster of qualified consultants with expertise in relevant areas and coordinate with them.
- Any other activities as requested by the line manager.
(C) Knowledge Management
- Contributing to building a strong knowledge management system on effective and sustainable disaster response.
- Maintaining a comprehensive MIS on diverse disaster response interventions.
- Development of quality case studies on disaster theme from programmes results.
- Developing handbook/manuals on various concepts/components of disaster management.
- Developing concept/research papers on the theme.
- Documenting the change process in the project in terms of technical angle of the project.
Qualification & Experience
- Master’s degree in relevant stream: development management, social work, rural development, sociology, sustainability management from reputed institutes.
- Must have 5 -7 years of experience in development sector managing disaster management interventions, including disaster preparedness, relief and rehabilitation interventions.
- Fluent in verbal and written communication (both English & Hindi).
- Initiative – Ability to self-start things. Projects/tasks started on his/her own initiative by the employee.
- Ability to operate independently and in team.
- Improvements and efficiency: Initiative to bring improvements and make-work more efficient and cost effective.
- Integrity - intellectual & moral excellence.
- Understanding of product development and designing.
- Discipline and timeliness of tasks completed.
- Effective Communication.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The position will be based at the CAF India headquarters at New Delhi.
Team Leader – Programmes