Manager - Programme Development, Advisory Unit
The CAF Advisory Unit serves as technical advisory and strategic knowledge hub providing program design, technical assistance and other knowledge engagement support for CAF India and its non-profit, corporate and other partners.
The key task of Manager-Program Development will be to provide to expertise support and delivery across the advisory, research and program development portfolio of CAF India for clients, internal team and external stakeholders. The Manager will also support with the dissemination of knowledge within advisory and across CAF India Philanthropy Services.
This role requires exposure to and/ or experience of project preparation processes in the agency or business setting, as well as strong research and analytical skills.
- To prepare high quality, well designed project proposals with detailed strategy, implementation and sustainability plans, timelines and budgets as required.
- To provide expertise and support in conceptualization, design and delivery of advisory and consulting assignments for corporate/ institutional donors, NGOs and other clients.
- To explore and establish collaborations with organizations working on areas of CAF interest as appropriate.
- To develop and execute research projects on issues related to the non-profit and CSR sector, design and strategies for development programs, etc.
- To develop and deliver a suite of research briefs aimed at increasing advisory insight and intelligence in core areas of CAF India advisory work.
- To plan and implement capacity building and consultative workshops for various stakeholders.
- To work with the Strategic Partnerships and Programmes team to identify opportunities and develop proposals for providing bespoke advisory services.
- To develop and manage the consultants network to support CAF advisory work.
- To write articles, issue briefs, blogs and thematic papers related to CAF India engagement with various partners.
- To conduct baseline, impact assessment, evaluation studies and other research as required.
- To work with stakeholders within CAF India and across the CAF global network to maximize opportunities for sharing learning and best practice.
- To work collaboratively with all stakeholders, facilitating the flow of information throughout and beyond the organization.
- To promote CAF externally towards maximizing engagement opportunities.
- To assist in developing content for campaigns and appeals.
- To perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by Line Manager.
Qualification & Experience
- Masters/PG in Social Sciences/MBA/ Other.
- 8+ years of work experience in Development/ CSR Sector.
- 6+ years of desirable experience on delivering a range of advisory /consultancy work.
- Proven track record in providing advisory services pertaining to the CSR/ social sector as well as design and delivery of development projects.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with demonstrable thematic experience.
- Strong understanding of the role of philanthropic capital (either private or corporate) and CSR in achieving social impact.
- Strong understanding of the Companies Act 2013 and related socio- legal and policy environment governing CSR in India.
- Experience of strategic planning and business modelling, ideally in a cross-sectoral, multi-disciplinary field.
- Strong proposal writing skills and experience of working with (financial and/or impact) target driven business models.
- Strong management, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience of the consultancy business and of taking the provision of small scale, bespoke consultancy and advice to scale.
- Proven understanding of effective philanthropy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and able to deliver high-quality written outputs.
- Flexibility to travel and attend meetings out of normal working hours.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The position will be based at the CAF India headquarters at New Delhi.
Advisor – Planning and Knowledge