Team Leader - Programmes
The Team Leader-Programmes shall be responsible for providing professional grant making services to charities and donors, to make charities and charitable giving more effective.
(1) Assisting in development and implementation of a strategy to grow CAF India programs and Donor servicing by bringing in more quality and depth;
(2) Assisting in development and implementation of a strategy which demonstrates the social impact of CAF programs;
(3) Promoting new ideas, concepts and generating new business opportunity for CAF;
(4) Supporting Business Development team in fund raising from different types of donors (institutional, corporate, PSUs, SMEs, HNIs);
(5) Developing CAF India proposal for submission against suitable.
(1) End to end management of CAF’s charitable grant making programmes of selected donors, specifically corporate clients, and other donors, including, but not limited to, HNIs, Trust, Foundation, Institutional funding agencies, government etc. This includes management of various projects and grants made to NGOs and monitoring and evaluation of grants;
(2) Ensuring that CAF’s grant making services and processes are transparent, effective and efficient and in line with best practice in the sector and meet the needs of CAF’s donors;
(3) Instituting systems and processes to ensure monitoring of transactions, internal audits, handling donor complaints and managing risks;
(4) Managing the operational planning and delivery of CAF’s projects and programs including workflow and resource management, monitoring and reporting of targets, resolution of issues and troubleshooting;
(5) Ensuring effective delivery of CAF’s grant making programmes with quality assurance;
(6) Managing grant-giving services, to be responsible for consultancy fees, invoicing and payments for services;
(7) Ensuring quality in donor proposals and reporting with particular emphasis on CAF India value added services while managing the projects;
(8) Coordinating, and as and when required, conducting field monitoring visits of all ongoing projects/ grants made to NGOs and ensuring compliances to field observations;
(9) Organizing capacity building workshops for NGOs in the area of governance, leadership, strategic planning, program and financial management, human resource management;
(10) Creating and maintaining a comprehensive MIS on CAF India project grants, files and mandatory documents of the projects for audit purpose;
(11) Developing close working relationships with NGO partners and stakeholders with matured handling of the relationships;
(12) Responsible for efficient and effective Donor Servicing of CAF India Donor and NGO partners;
(13) Developing and managing donor relationships and donor retention and growth activities with different types of donors;
(14) Responsible for complete client servicing for selected donors;
(15) Providing regular updates on the receipt and disbursals of funds, tracking the CAF-Donor MoUs, providing year end fund utilization reports and tax exemption receipts;
(16) Organizing donor events/ meets, campaigns and other fund-raising events;
(17) Providing supervision, mentoring and handholding to the team of Project Officers reporting to this position and ensuring that results are delivered on time;
(18) Working closely with other units of CAF, particularly the sales, marketing, communications teams to ensure that CAF India’s programs are represented and positioned appropriately;
(19) Developing a roaster of qualified consultants with expertise in relevant areas and coordinating with them. Identifying consultants, develop TOR and manage delivery against the expectations;
(20) Any other activities as requested by the line manager.
Qualification & Experience
- Post graduate in development management, entrepreneurship, social work, rural development, and sociology or sustainability management from a reputed university.
- Minimum eight years of experience in development sector programme management.
- Ability to leverage existing projects and grants to attract more business and gain scale in operations;
- Excellent communication skills including the gravitas to represent the organisation at the highest level within civil society sector, companies and government;
- Strong people management skills and influencing and negotiating skills with an ability to build constructive and long-term relationships;
- Ability to multi task & deliver stretch targets;
- Ability to inspire and lead a passionate and intelligent team;
- Strong proposal writing skills and experience of working with (financial and/or impact) target driven business models;
- Strong understanding of the Companies Act 2013 and related socio- legal and policy environment governing CSR in India;
- Knowledge and experience of working in NGO sector in India;
- Experience of developing/ adapting and application of program management tools and MIS.
- Flexibility to travel and attend meetings out of normal working hours;
- Proficiency in MS Word and excel.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The position will be based at the CAF India headquarters at New Delhi.
Head – Programmes