Don’t let money get in the way of Rajkumar’s Olympic dream!
Most people would have given up on their dreams when every day is a battle for survival. Certainly, a street hawker’s son, of all people, would have little hopes of even dreaming of representing India at a stage as big as the Olympics.
But Rajkumar Tiwari is no ordinary person and your usual also-ran individual. He did not let his limitations get in the way of his aspirations. He is differently-abled sportsperson who has brought many laurels to our country.
- First Indian player to win Gold medal in Single and Silver in pair figure skating at the Special Olympics held in South Korea in 2013
- Silver medal in national Ice-Skating Championships in 2014
- Bronze medal in Asia Pacific Games 2013
- Silver medal handball national, held in Mumbai 2009
- Silver in single and bronze in pairs in Badminton in Special Olympic Asia Pacific Games in New Castle in Australia 2013
Life has been a struggle for this talented young man. When he is not training, he is busy lending a helping hand to his father, who is a street hawker in Sadar Bazar area of New Delhi. Rajkumar sells earrings to support the family of seven. But once he is in the skating arena, he is a magician at work – a pure joy to watch.
As a child, Rajkumar was diagnosed with moderate mental retardation and a hyperactivity disorder. Despite the odds, he could achieve so much by undergoing his training entirely at Gurgaon's Ambience Mall. And he is just 23!
Rajkumar, who hails from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, is a fighter - a true champion. But it matters for little when he is faced with raising 25 lakhs to undergo professional and specialised training for the showpiece Winter Olympics in 2018. He needs our support now.
This is the time to back him with all our heart. Let us come together to help him live his dream. An Olympic medal for India is at stake!
Show your support NOW!