|Strategic Intervention||Key Activities|
|Development of child friendly infrastructure
- Provision of safe drinking water - Water storage, pumping & purification facilities, provision of taps at an appropriate height.
- Strengthening sanitation facilities - Constructing need-based urinals, latrines, wash basins, separate toilets for boys & girls.
- Building water conservation / rain water harvesting facilities.
- Instituting sports facilities based on requirement, development of playground etc.
- Ram facility for disabled children.
- Construction of classrooms, kitchen, common room, libraries.
- Installation of computer, internet, e-learning centre.
|Capacity building of teachers
- Creating a pool of qualified primary school teachers - Pre-service teacher training.
- Equipping teachers of rural primary schools with skills - train them to understand child-centric education.
- Refresh training for current teachers.
- Development of teacher training curriculum.
|Vocational training programme and life skills education
- Certificate and diploma programme for high school drop students.
- Skill development programme for on-going students.
- Providing counselling session to students, workshops on life skills etc.
- WASH training for students.
|Awareness generation and community based advocacy for quality education
- Capacity building of PTA, school management committee, village management (education) committee on their roles and responsibility.
- Community based awareness generation programme.
- Promoting the concept of community based monitoring and auditing of education programme.